Why Set Goals Are There Advantages?
Each new year brings a new sense of setting goals and planning to create changes, but why set goals? Statistics and studies show those who write down their specific goals have greater success in attaining these. Mark McCormack asked Harvard business school students, “have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” The results from just the question alone were interesting. The following are these results:
- three percent of the graduates had written goals and plans
- 13 percent had goals, but they were not in writing
- 84 percent had no specific goals at all
Why Set Goals – There Are Definitely Proven Advantages
Why set goals, after ten years Mark interviewed these same students to track the results of these goals. As the initial result showed, there were marked differences from a mere 3 percent with written goals to a substantial 84 percent with no goals. YES, there are definitely advantages to the reasons why it is imperative to set goals, why set goals, proven results!
The 84 percent of students with no goals were making considerably lower income than the 13 percent with goals, however, unwritten. The 3 percent with written goals were shown to be making up to ten times more than the other two groups.
Why Set Goals – What Are Your Targets?
As you begin to assess your circumstances you must come up with a clear and precise target, a definite why set goals answer. Ask yourself, “why set goals”? Some things to consider in your soul searching are:
- set clear goals, be sure to evaluate your purpose, your “why”
- time management is crucial, you must be willing to put in the time, research and effort necessary to ensure you reach your goal
- set your goals high enough to offer a challenge, but stay within what you feel you have the potential of reaching, don’t set yourself up for failure
- stay proactive and persistent, don’t allow defeat as an option – perseverance
- give yourself a timeline for each task, “whenever” won’t create the success you desire
- be persistent, track and record each step
Many people fail because they fail to understand why set goals is a must in success. Don’t allow failure to be an option in your life. Begin to create goals, in doing so you will begin to learn How To Be Successful In Life. Be enthusiastic about the path you have chosen, often you will have to be your own encourager. Never lose sight of the goal(s) you’ve set forth, create a vision board of what reaching your goals looks like to you. Look at your vision board daily as a reminder of “why” you have made this commitment, why set goals has been moved to the top of your priority list. Crossing the finish line of success is reward in itself.